Apple users should know how to remove iCloud from their computer completely. In the case of the sale of iPhone, it is required to demolish the storage from the phone. This will protect personal information from strangers. If you leave access to the account on your smartphone, the new user will not be able to synchronize their own data.
Delete iCloud Account
Cloud storage allows you to save photos, documents, contacts and other information in one place. Login to the service is available from all synchronized user gadgets.
Storage removal is necessary in several cases:
- iPhone loss
- gadget sale,
- buying a phone with the credentials of the previous owner.
Saving data before deleting
Before you delete Iclaud from the computer completely, you need to make sure that important data is saved:
- All photos, images should be transferred to albums. Files remaining in the photo stream are deleted.
- It is recommended that you copy documents from the iWork application to your computer.
- Create a backup copy of SMS messages.
- It is recommended that you save the video library in a backup archive.
Method 1: uninstall from iPhone
Uninstalling iCloud takes a few minutes. You must have a device and an Apple ID password. Detailed instructions will teach a user of any level how to remove old icloud:
- Go to section "Settings".
- Choose "Accounts and Passwords».
- In iCloud accounts,
- In the menu that opens, select "Log off"
- Next, the program will offer two exit options:
- exit and leave data on the device,
- go out and destroy information on the iPhone.
- To complete the liquidation of the storage from the phone, you will need to enter the access code for the ID.
To restore access, you should use the iForget service.
The specified algorithm of actions is suitable for new generation smartphones.
Users of older models will be interested to know how to remove Iklaud from iPhone 4:
- Go to "Settings".
- Choose "ICloud."
- Click the last menu item "Log off".
Method 2: through the computer
You can untie an account through a laptop or PC:
- Turn off the phone.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Log in using Apple>
If you are logged in on someone else's computer, you need to cancel the autosave of the access code in the browser.
- On the desktop that opens, select "Find iPhone».
- Re-login to Apple ID.
- On the menu "All devices»Select the gadget to be deactivated.
- In the menu, select "Erase iPhone».
To completely remove iCloud from a PC, basic knowledge of working with it is enough.
This requires a few simple steps:
- Log out of the browser by canceling the autosave of the password.
- Eliminate the program in Windows using the menu “Installation and removal of programms».
Most often, users encounter such problems:
- Video, photos and other documents were deleted.
Before you remove iCloud from your iPhone, you need to transfer all the data to the storage albums.
- Important SMS messages are lost.
Backing up messages will eliminate this problem. After untying Aiklaud, all information on the phone is deleted.
- Access to the store was given to a new PC / laptop user.
Before transferring the device to the new owner, you should delete all the icloud data on it.
To do this, just exit the service. In the PC control panel, delete the installed program.
- No password for>
You can restore the access code using the free iForget service.
Necessary software and hardware
Before downloading iCloud for Windows, iCloud must be configured on all of your Apple devices. You can sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID. Follow the setup instructions for iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later, or Mac with OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later.
Want to access the latest iCloud features? See recommended system requirements. If you don’t know which version of Windows you are using, find out. Internet connection is required to access iCloud. Availability of iCloud and the features offered may vary by region. If you are using a managed Apple ID account, iCloud for Windows is not supported.
Configure iCloud for Windows
- Download iCloud for Windows. If the installation did not start automatically, go to Explorer and open the iCloud configuration file.
- Reboot the computer.
- Make sure iCloud for Windows is open. If it does not open automatically, go to the "Start" menu, open "Applications" or "Programs" and select "iCloud for Windows."
- Enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- Select the features and content that you want to keep up to date on all devices.
- Click the Apply button.
Upload photos and share them with friends
When you turn on the Photo program, iCloud for Windows creates a folder in the explorer with the name iCloud Photos. ICloud Photos sends new photos and videos that are added to the Uploads (iCloud Photos) folder on your PC so that you can view them in Photos in iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac computers, as well as on iCloud.com website. New photos and videos created on devices are automatically downloaded from the iCloud Photos program, and you can choose to download the entire collection for a specific shooting year. And shared albums let you view, export, and comment on photos and videos that you share with others.
You can also do the following to search for photos on your PC.
- Windows 10: Scroll the Start menu down and open the iCloud folder. Select iCloud Photos.
- Windows 8.1: on the home screen, click the down arrow in the lower left corner, and then click the iCloud Photos icon.
- Windows 8: From the Start screen, select “iCloud Photos”.
- Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button and select Images. Select “iCloud Photos” or “Photo Stream” in the Favorites menu in the left pane. To view photos, double-click the My Photo Stream album. In the window that appears, it will also be displayed as a folder.
My Photo Stream is not available in iCloud for Windows 10 or later.
View files in iCloud Drive
When iCloud Drive is enabled, iCloud for Windows creates a folder with the corresponding name in Explorer. All documents saved in iCloud will be automatically downloaded to the iCloud Drive folder in Explorer. Files created on the PC and saved in this folder are automatically displayed on your other devices.
Files in iCloud Drive can also be accessed at iCloud.com.
Sync email, contacts, calendars and reminders on all your devices
Make sure iCloud Mail is configured on your devices.
- On your PC, open iCloud for Windows, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks, then click Apply. Your iCloud Mail account will appear in the folders pane on the left side of the Microsoft Outlook window from 2007 to 2016.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings> [your name]> iCloud and activate the Mail option.
- On a Mac, go to Apple ()> System Preferences, click iCloud, and select Mail.
Manage iCloud storage and account information
ICloud storage can be managed by switching to an advanced tariff plan or by reducing the use of storage space. If you need to make changes to your Apple ID, you can update your email address, postal address, or other account information.
- To view the available storage capacity, open the iCloud for Windows program.
- To change the settings, click "Storage". Select a program to view its volume, or click Buy More Space to increase the available space.
- To change your Apple ID account information, open iCloud for Windows and click Account. Then click Manage Apple ID.
In iCloud for Windows 10 or later, you can attach files so that they remain locally on the device. When you unpin files are sent to iCloud.
Updating iCloud for Windows
To check for updates, open Apple Software Update on your PC. To receive notifications of new updates using Apple Software Update, select Edit> Preferences and set a schedule for checking for updates. You can select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Never.
Before starting the upgrade, log out of your iCloud account on your computer running the OS and install iCloud for Windows.
Disabling or uninstalling iCloud for Windows
If you disable any service in the iCloud for Windows program, your information will not be automatically synchronized in iCloud and you will not see updates made on other devices. To disable a service or iCloud, follow these steps:
- To disable a service on your PC, open iCloud for Windows and select or clear the check box next to the service you need. Click the Apply button to save the changes.
- To disable iCloud for Windows, open it and exit your account.
Before uninstalling iCloud for Windows, make a copy of iCloud data and save it on your PC. Then log out of your iCloud for Windows account on this computer and follow these steps:
Windows 8 and later:
- Go to the home screen and right-click in the lower left corner, or left-click and select "Control Panel".
- Click the “Uninstall a program” link.
- Choose iCloud> Delete.
- When a confirmation message appears, click Yes.
- Choose Start> Control Panel.
- Click Programs> Programs and Features.
- Choose iCloud> Delete.
- To continue, click OK.
Information about products not manufactured by Apple or independent websites not controlled and tested by Apple is not advisory or advertised by the company. Apple is not responsible for the selection, functionality, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple is also not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of data posted on third-party websites. Remember that using any information or products posted on the Internet is risky. Contact your supplier for more information. Other company or product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
How to completely remove Apple ID and iCloud without the possibility of recovery
Step 1. Go to the Apple Web Service “Data and privacy"And log in with your Apple ID account.
Step 2. Click “To begin"Under"Delete account».
Step 3. Carefully read the information on the page that opens. On it, Apple warns you that deleting an Apple ID using this tool eliminates the possibility of subsequent recovery. The company also reports that along with your account, all data related to it will be deleted, including photos, videos and documents stored in iCloud.
In addition, before continuing the removal process, you must:
- Back up data.
- Log out of accounts on all devices and in all browsers.
Step 4. At the bottom of the page, select the reason for deleting the account and click “Continue».
Step 5. The next two pages require you to read the cautionary information about what happens after deleting your account. Apple warns that deleting an account will entail:
- I’ll lose access to all purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store.
- Cancel iCloud storage plan.
- Delete all information stored in iCloud.
- Cancel all other subscriptions to any services.
To continue the operation of deleting the account, click "Continue».
Step 6. Indicate the method of obtaining information about the status of the account - by e-mail or by phone number. After click "Continue».
Step 7 Important! On the new page, Apple will provide you with an access code that you must save, write, or print. This code will allow you to change your mind and request a recovery account before it is completely deleted within seven days. Click “Continue».
Step 8. On the page that opens, specify the code you just received and finally confirm the deletion of the account.
Immediately after this, your request to delete your Apple ID and iCloud accounts without the possibility of recovery is sent. Note that the removal does not occur instantly - Apple performs a check, which usually takes up to seven days.
Put 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Follow us on VKontakte, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and Yandex.Zen.
Return to the beginning of the article How to completely remove Apple ID and iCloud without the possibility of recovery
How to remove iCloud - the best way
Today, iCloud is the most popular and indispensable service for all owners of Apple products. This service is a cloud storage, it is completely free and it can store up to 5 GB of various files. The practical function of this creation is to combine all the products of this manufacturer into one ecosystem. Today, almost every Apple user knows how to use this system, but not many people know how to remove iCloud or change it. That's why in this article we will take a closer look at the process of deleting icloud.
How to delete an account in iCloud
If you fully understand this process, then in order to remove iCloud you will need only one minute of your time. To do this, you will need to perform the following 4 steps:
- First of all, open the "Settings".
- Next, we should go to the "iCloud" section.
- There you need to find the item "Delete account"
- You will see notifications - confirm your intentions, and then click on "Delete from iPhone", and you will need to enter your password.
[notification type = "alert-danger" close = "false"] As a result of these simple actions, your account will be deleted. [/ notification]
It is necessary to take into account that in the process of deleting this account, you also erase all your information that is stored in this cloud.
For this reason, before you perform an icloud removal, you will need to save:
- All significant and necessary photographs from the photo stream for you, as all images are automatically saved in the photo stream. Therefore, we will need to transfer all our photos to the library. If you do not do this, all your photos will be deleted together with your account.
- You should also save all the documents important to you located in iWork applications. To do this, you will need to send them to Aityuns by mail or in another way to make copies. Removal is also subject to all save for games.
- It should be noted that SMS, videos, and contacts are not deleted. If you are deleting an account, then your reminders, calendar notes and contacts will not be deleted forever, they will be stored on the Internet in a specialized service from icloud. That is, at any time you can log in and restore all the data you need.
That's all, we have considered with you the easiest and most effective way to remove iCloud. There is nothing complicated in this procedure, just follow the instructions.
How to remove iCloud
There are situations when you need to change your account in iCloud. This may be an elementary forgetfulness with respect to a password, a simple desire or necessity (in the case of a used Apple gadget). So, let's see how to remove iCloud on your device.
The process of deleting an account in iCloud has such a “complication” as erasing all images from the photo stream, documents from the iWork application, saving game applications, as well as data from the calendar. Therefore, we will begin by defining which of the above has value.
We transfer the necessary pictures and pictures to the albums and galleries of our device, materials from iWork - to the iTunes library or PC. Reminders and calendar dates that disappeared during the process of iCloud removal can be easily restored through the same iCloud, using a computer or your gadget.
Now you can go directly to the removal of iCloud. To do this, go to “Settings” on your Apple device and find the “iCloud” section in them. In it, click on the item “Delete account” with your finger and confirm your intentions by clicking “Delete”.
After that, the procedure for deleting the account will begin - and you can create a new version of it.
If the process of changing your iCloud account is complicated by the lack of a password, you can deal with this situation. An example of one of the ways to remove iCloud on a device with iOS 7 version, we suggest you look at the video.
ICloud service is a free cloud where files of absolutely all owners of Apple equipment are saved (read about using it here). However, there are cases when you want to remove the user database stored in the cloud. Например, вы позабыли пароль или вы приобрели бывший в использовании другого человека девайс Apple (как сменить учетную запись можно прочесть здесь). А возможно, вы больше не являетесь пользователем изделия Apple. Тогда и нет нужды в iCloud.
Как удалить учетную запись iCloud на iPhone или iPad
Сперва, подумаем, что хотим сберечь от удаления. Актуальные фото и рисунки перетаскиваем в папки и галереи гаджета, информацию из iWork – в iTunes или на компьютер. When you have already saved the necessary files, you can confidently proceed to the removal of this cloud:
- On your gadget with iOS, go to “Settings” and look for the “iCloud” section. In it, touch and hold the line "Delete account."
- The next window will prompt you to determine what action you decide to perform with the information stored on your gadget and in the cloud.
- After executing the “Delete from iPad” instruction, the process of deleting a record will begin immediately, along with all the components listed in the interactive window.
- Immediately, if you need it, then you have the opportunity to create a new version of the account.
Apple iCloud (what we’ll tell you now) is a free 5 GB cloud storage that stores files of all the happy owners of technology from the glorious city of Cupertino. Now we’ll take a closer look at the service’s work and find out how it makes all work with Apple devices easier and more productive.
As in many cases, one way or another connected with the creation of the late Steve Jobs, the real purpose of the "cloud" is to connect all the used gadgets into a single ecosystem. In fairness, it is worth noting that in many respects this linking is artificial, but it does not cancel convenience and irreplaceability.
In addition, the iCloud locked option is of great importance (what it is, we will talk later).
Examples of using
Imagine that you photographed something very interesting on your iPhone ... and the photo at that very moment (well, almost at the same time) appeared on your iPad or Mac. If you know something about the “clouds”, then you yourself have guessed about the mechanism of such a wonderful phenomenon: the smartphone sent the photo to iCloud, from where other devices downloaded it. Of course, all participants in this network should be connected to the Internet, and it is desirable to have the quality of the channel as acceptable as possible.
But do not assume that such a convenient synchronization applies only to photographs. It is just as simple and fast with respect to the history and bookmarks in the Safari browser. But even better is the fact that even application settings are synchronized. At this point, Windows and Android users can only dreamily breathe, since in these OSs such actions are supported by only a small number of programs.
What will be synchronized using the "cloud"?
Let’s give a complete list of content that can be used on all devices thanks to the capabilities of Apple iCloud (what you already know):
- audio and video files, as well as books and recordings of TV programs,
- videos and photos that you took on the camera of your iPhone / iPad,
- all settings of your devices,
- complete data and application settings, including saving to games and other minor details,
- even the iOS desktop (more precisely, its settings) is stored in the "cloud",
- Messages from all your devices
It was not by chance that we mentioned saves for games, since the possibility of synchronizing them became a huge joy for mobile game lovers. They can easily start playing some Minecraft on the iPhone in the subway, pause the application, and then continue crafting, sitting at home with the iPad.
Where to download iCloud?
iCloud doesn’t need to be downloaded specifically, as this service is already integrated by default in all new Apple OSs. If for some reason you have not yet updated, just download all the currently available updates, with which iCloud will definitely come to you. What kind of program is this, you now know. Is it possible to use it if you prefer a PC running Windows?
How much disk space does the company allot?
Note that by default, each user receives a modest 5 GB. Important! This amount is reserved exclusively for every little thing, like program settings, save games and other minor data. Your photos are not at all constrained, there are no restrictions on the place for their storage in principle. But! Only the last thousand photos of the last 30 days are stored in this way.
If you have few 5 GB offered by default, then at any time you can buy more. Funds will be automatically debited from your bank card, which is tied to a specific Apple account.
Mobile setup basics
As in other services and programs for Apple devices, the setup is not difficult. We follow the path "Settings / iCloud". Of course, then you will need to enter your Apple ID. Double check that the data is entered correctly, because in case of any errors you will not be able to use the service!
In the main dialog box that opens after this, you can see a list of those applications that are allowed to save all their files and settings in the "cloud". By the way, if someone is interested in mail on the @ me.com domain, then the corresponding mailbox is easily created in the same window: just enter a free nickname. You do not need to invent a password. The fact is that as such will be used identification data from Apple ID.
In general, this ID is your virtual “keychain”. iCloud (what we already know) is no exception to this.
Among other things, in the same window you can see statistics on the distribution of 5 GB of free disk space allocated to you. Here, additional space is also acquired if all the previously allocated space has already been occupied.
By following the path: “Settings / iCloud / Storage and backups / Storage”, you can select any device. Clicking on its icon will open you with a list of all programs that synchronize their settings with the cloud. By default, almost all applications do this, and therefore it makes sense to disable unnecessary ones, thereby saving free space on the server.
Important! The developers have provided that all backup procedures are performed only when your device is idle (the display is locked) and is within the Wi-Fi network. Of course, this process can be started manually at any minute.
Setup on Macs
There are no differences from the above procedure. All transitions are made in the same way. You can also configure permissions for specific programs. Given the size of the backups for some "large" applications, this is justified.
By the way, how do i change iCloud? Suppose you transfer your tablet to a friend, and that one needs to connect to your account. It is very easy to do. Go to "Settings", go to iCloud, and then select "Change iCloud account." How to change the account, you now know.
Do not forget only that you should not give access to your device to unauthorized users, as they can gain access to your personal data.
The Photo Stream feature is likely to be extremely useful for active users of Apple's gadgets. If anyone does not know, then it is designed to automatically synchronize all photos and screenshots taken using your iPhone or iPad. To activate this option, go to the "Settings / Photos" path.
Important! If you decide to disable “Photo Stream” after the files have been downloaded to the device, all of them will be deleted. True, and copies remain in iCloud.
By the way, is it possible to make sure that all the films and music you bought immediately appear on all your devices? Implementing this is extremely simple. To do this, just go to "Settings / Shop", and then check the necessary items with checkboxes. To do the same on PC, you need to open iTunes, go to Settings, then go to the Store. As in the previous case, it is necessary to note the corresponding points.
ICloud Web Version
By going to the official website of the service, you can use the web version of the application. To access your files, you will again need to enter your Appe ID, which will be verified on iCloud.com. What does it mean? Just the application will contact the central server, and then verify the authenticity of your credentials.
It often happens that web-based versions of computer applications have significantly less functionality when compared to “large” releases. I am glad that in this case this is not at all the case. On the contrary, all programs are almost identical to those used in the iPad and iPhone. And this concerns not only their appearance, but also functionality. By the way, there is one function that should be discussed in more detail. It is about the Find My iPhone option, thanks to which attackers have recently blocked thousands of Apple devices around the world.
Find My iPhone Service Description
Go to Settings / iCloud on your mobile device or Mac. Carefully look at the list of options: if there is a checkmark on the “Find iPad / iPhone” checkbox, then through the web service you can monitor the location of your smartphone or tablet at any time. This is the best solution for those people who often travel on business, and therefore often risk losing their equipment and data as a result of their intentional theft.
The real salvation may be just the same iCloud locked function. What it is? Information about the position of the gadget is taken from the GPS sensor. In addition, the location can be determined by any Wi-Fi point that is within reach. If your device has been stolen or lost, you can either send a message asking to return the smartphone, or completely block it.
But how to unlock iCloud if you become a victim of intruders? In this case, we recommend that you contact Apple technical support immediately. They respond instantly, and control of the device is returned subject to answers to some control questions.
Important! Even if the device is not currently online, you can send a request for blocking. When an attacker goes online, the smartphone or tablet will be blocked. You will receive a notification in your mail about the successful completion of the device lock. That's what the iCloud locked option is for. What it is, you already know.
Only the lazy in recent years did not reproach Apple for excessive conservatism. And there were reasons for this. The main reason that irritated users was the company's unwillingness to allow access to the file system of its devices. It happened! In a recent presentation of iOS 8, support for the normal file system was finally announced, which will include the fact that iCloud files will now be laid out freely, without any connection to a specific program.
It is too early to talk about the prospects of such an innovation, but users will obviously like it.
Can i uninstall iCloud?
To conclude this article, let's talk about this. Suppose you are no longer a user of Apple products. Accordingly, there is no need for iCloud. Delete an account in this case is not difficult.
Go back to “Settings”, go to iCloud, look for the item “Delete account”. You need to understand that in this case you completely erase not only the settings of the applications you used, but also all your personal files.