Delete one or more teethcauses a person moral and physical discomfort.
A smile is not only beauty, but also health: the functioning of the dentition is directly related to the work of the gastric tract.
To solve such problems in dental clinics removable, fixed or partially removable dentures are made.
They make up for the missing elements and return the opportunity to smile broadly.
How to properly care for them and how to clean dentures - you will learn about this from the article.
Why do dentures need special care?
You should know! Inability to properly care for structures leads to the following consequences:
- darkening and dullness.
The use of bright drinks, tea or coffee, smoking leads to the gradual accumulation of colored pigment on the surface of the prosthesis,
- the appearance of carious cavities in healthy teeth.
The consequence of the accumulation of a large number of bacteria,
- gum disease, resulting in the absence of proper care and treatment, to periodontitis, gingivitis,
- permanent unpleasant taste,
- education erosion of the oral mucosa, ulcers.
Most often, the phenomenon occurs during the period of adaptation to the prosthesis, when a constant load begins to appear on the gums,
Bad breath, appears as a result of decomposition of food debris accumulated on the teeth.
Remember! Care should be strictly required, even if the dentures replace one or more teeth.
General cleaning features (plastic and nylon)
Ensuring the cleanliness of removable or partially removable structures is achieved by following the rules:
- every time after eating it is necessary to remove the prosthesis and wash it boiled or peeled waterthat allows you to remove leftover food,
- brush artificial teeth twice a day with running water with a special paste applied to it.
It should not contain abrasive substances that can cause damage to the prosthesis.
To process the plates, a brush with two types of bristles is used: the outer part of the arch is toughened more rigid, the inner part is soft,
- disinfect prosthesissoaking it in a special solution (at night or for a certain time),
- periodically realizeprofessional toothbrushingat the dental clinic.
Its useful to note! When choosing toothpaste, pay attention to the labeling.
The level of abrasiveness should be in the range from 0 to 25, the designation “sensitive” or “soft” is applied on the brush.
How to care for removable products?
The initial stage of care is to perform the following actions:
- remove the structure, rinse, to remove leftover food
- brush your teeth on the inside and outside of small particles of food with a brush and paste (it is acceptable to use hand soap for these purposes) and rinse again,
- treat the oral cavity: with a scraper or a special brush, clean the tongue, gums and palate.
Place the brush in the liquid with the addition of a disinfectant solution.
Do this at least once a week, rinse with water before use.
In order not to break the prosthesis, do procedures over the sink, not the bathtub - if the structure slips out of your hands, a fall will not have critical consequences.
Keep in mind! Mechanical cleaning of the teeth is required after each meal.
In case of darkening of the material or the appearance of dental plaque you can clean the prosthesis with vinegar:
- prepare deep capacity (bowl, glass).
The dishes should be made of a material resistant to oxidation: glass, enamel,
- as a cleaning agent use white distilled vinegar (dining room).
The use of other types (wine, apple, balsamic) can lead to an aftertaste in the mouth or staining of the teeth,
- pour water and vinegar into the dishestaken in equal partsmix the ingredients
- immerse the entire tooth structure in the solution and leave for 8-10 hours (at night)
- after the specified time, remove the dentures from the fluid and brush clean problem areas.
Treat the entire surface of the structure,
- vinegar may not dissolve tartar on the first try, in this case soak overnight another 2-3 times,
- rinse dentures with waterto get rid of acid residues and a specific smell,
- at the end of the procedure pour solution, use him only once.
Partially removable the prosthesis can be placed in vinegar for 15 minutes every day .
This will remove deposits and prevent prolonged exposure to metal parts.
Before using the method of cleaning vinegar, be sure to consult your doctor.
Note! Previous generations of removable structures were made of materials requiring mandatory storage in a humid environment.
Modern materials are less prone to damage. from airborne but certain storage rules there is:
- Before placing the teeth in the solution, it is necessary to clean them with a brush and rinse with purified water,
- for soaking, you can use a special container or another container, after each procedure it must be washed,
- the solution must completely cover the prosthesis, otherwise the disinfection will be partial, which can lead to unpleasant consequences,
- liquid must be poured in the morning, it is forbidden to use it twice,
- Nylon or plastic is resistant to dry air.
Therefore, the content of such overhead structures of these materials in the liquid is advisory in nature, the product after cleaning can simply be wrapped in a clean cloth.
UV radiation, high temperature deform structures, therefore Keep the prosthesis away from sunlight and do not handle with hot liquid..
Note! A product with metal elements is undesirable to keep in chlorinated tap water.
How to clean tooth structures from nicotine and plaque?
Nicotine deposits, accumulated in large quantities, may cause inflammation of the oral mucosaTherefore, the problem should be perceived not only from the point of view of aesthetics.
ruleswhich help prevent darkening of the teeth due to smoking:
- daily cleaning for 10-15 minutes, the use of auxiliary brushes on problem areas,
- the use of pharmaceutical tablets and formulations with a whitening effect,
- if it is impossible to remove plaque at home, professional help from a dentist is required.
What products (tablets) are suitable for cleaning?
Important! Before using any cleanser, it is advisable to consult a doctor if it is suitable for you.
Use tablets in the following order.:
- flush the prosthesis with water
- fill a glass (or enamelled) container with boiled water, dip a tablet into the liquid and wait for it to dissolve,
- completely immerse the crowns in the solution and leave for the time specified in the instructions,
- rinse your teeth with water, brush, pour out the liquid.
At home, you can apply for cleansing and whitening prostheses effervescent tablets:
English product that provides maximum disinfection and stain removal from nicotine, coffee or other coloring drinks.
Crowns are placed in a glass of warm water with a tablet dissolved in it for 10-15 minutes.
It is advisable to carry out the procedure 2 times a day, you can leave the structure in solution at night,
A German product that maintains whiteness and cleanliness of teeth is enough to use 1 time per day.
The solution can be prepared by dropping 1 tablet in 100 milliliters of slightly heated water (hold the prosthesis for 15 minutes).
- The president.
An Italian preparation with a three-layer structure (blue - cleans the surface of the teeth, red - disinfects, white - removes the most persistent stains and plaque).
Method of use: one tablet is dissolved in 200 milliliters of warm liquid, the exposure time is 15 minutes.
After holding dentures in disinfectants, be sure to rinse them.: Residues may cause irritation of the oral mucosa or an allergic reaction.
Ultrasonic cleaning bath
Know! It is a compact device for effective cleaning and whitening of artificial teeth, powered by mains or batteries.
The sink is equipped with a special stainless steel tank and a time counter - an electronic timer.
Ultrasound creates high-frequency vibrations of the liquid mediumin which the prosthesis is located.
Under their influence the smallest particles of dirt are removed.
The equipment is easy to operate, you can clean your teeth with it not only in the dental clinic, but also purchase a device for home use.
Carry out a cleansing procedure is worth in this order:
- fill the tank with purified water,
- immerse the removable structure in the liquid,
- set the timer for 5 minutes (if the pollution is strong, process for 10 minutes), turn on the equipment,
- Use a soft brush to remove any residual deposits, dry the structure.
Remember! Sinks have different specifications, choose a device that does not have a destructive effect on the artificial structure.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into 200 milliliters of waterimmerse your teeth in a liquid and leave it overnight,
- cut 4 parts lemon, squeeze the juice from one quarter in a small amount of paste or powder.
Process the entire structure with the resulting mixture and leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with water,
- moisten brush and dip bristles in fine salt, very carefully, brush your teeth effortlessly.
The method can be applied no more than once every two weeks, since salt can damage the material of the teeth.
How to care for fixed dentures?
The area where the artificial material and the gums are in contact is the place of the greatest concentration of bacteria and plaque in fixed constructions.
You should know! Contamination can be easily eliminated by placing soft bristles at an angle of 45 ° to the point of contact and brushing your teeth, capturing the adjacent area of the gums.
Removing food debris and disinfecting the oral cavity after eating for fixed prostheses is required.
It is advisable to perform additional cleansing of the interdental space using a special threadwith toothpaste applied to it.
You can use an irrigator - plaque and food debris are well removed under the influence of multiple pulsations of water.
From this video you will learn how and how to clean dentures at home:
Artificial teeth require mandatory daily and thorough care.
Despite the apparent complexity of the process, it is enough to perform the procedure several times, and further actions will become a habit.
Why dentures need care
Bacteria that liked to settle on live teeth do not disappear anywhere after these teeth were replaced with artificial ones. They still live in the oral cavity, settling on the gums and chewing structures.
Large accumulations of colonies of microorganisms form plaque. Typical locations:
- back surface of teeth
- interdental spaces
- gum tissue, which are adjacent to the elements of the prosthesis.
The prolonged existence of plaque leads to gum inflammation, as well as damage to the remaining teeth. Stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontitis - these are diseases that are typical for those who do not pay proper attention to prosthetic care.
Most often, darkening on removable teeth occurs due to plaque. It can appear on both artificial and natural teeth. The reason for its formation is insufficiently thorough cleaning. Plaque is formed from the remnants of food, dead cells, bacteria. Since the surface of the denture is rough, it easily absorbs dyes from food, drinks, and tobacco. Plaque covers a large surface of tooth enamel and creates the impression that the structure has darkened, although its original color remains the same.
You can independently clear such a darkening using the method of mechanical cleaning of dentures. For these purposes, you need to stock up on a toothbrush. At the same time, the stiffness of its bristles should be greater than that of the one you usually use. Before cleaning, the prosthesis should be wetted with warm water. You can put some kind of bacteriological agent there to remove all bacteria on the dentures. Thus, it will be possible to slightly destroy the formed plaque.
Next, take the brush in your hands and proceed with cleaning. You can use a small amount of tooth powder. This will also allow you to get the most out of the cleaning process. Perform these actions at least once every 2 weeks. In addition, do not forget about daily cleaning with a softer brush.
If you clean plastic constructions, you need to be extremely careful. Plastic is a material that is very easy to scratch. Then the plaque will accumulate even faster than before cleaning.
Dental prostheses can be cleaned at home using professional products. The range of bleaching compounds is quite wide today. Almost all companies that specialize in the production of means for oral hygiene are engaged in their manufacture.
Such drugs are produced in the form of effervescent tablets. They need to be lowered into a glass of warm water so that they dissolve, and then the dental structures are lowered. In some cases, prostheses can be left in solution overnight. The role of the main components of these drugs are antiseptic substances. They allow you to effectively deal with bacteria, thereby removing plaque.
In addition, professional products disinfect dental structures, protect them from the onset of dark plaque, the harmful effects of bacteria, and give freshness to the breath. The composition of some products has polymer components. Thanks to them, the prostheses are covered with an invisible film. She protects them from the subsequent concentration of plaque for a couple of weeks. Carry out such a cleaning once a week.
In the manufacture of these products, the following components are required:
- Oxidizing agents
Getting started cleaning
If you are going to clean the prosthesis, first pick the right toothbrush. Her bristles should be slightly stiffer than that of the brush with which we brush live teeth.
- Flush the prosthesis with running water.
- Brush it with a whitening paste or toothpowder (use of ordinary soap is possible).
- Place the structure in an airtight container filled with a disinfectant solution. Which solution to choose - tells the doctor who installed the prosthesis. Storage rules may vary depending on what material was used in the manufacture of artificial teeth, whether the jaw contains plastic or metal.
It is advisable to brush your teeth after each meal. There is no such opportunity? Rinse your mouth with clean water to wash leftovers and prevent plaque formation.
So should daily care. If there are features, the dentist will definitely tell about them.
Denture Cleansing Tablet Manufacturers
The combination of these components contributes to the rapid and effective elimination of dark plaque. Among the wide range of tablets for dentures, the following are very popular:
- Corega Tabs. The product is based on silicone polymer. Thanks to him, microorganisms do not settle on the surface of the prosthesis. This component forms an invisible film that protects against plaque and bacteria. Using these tablets, it is possible to maintain the previous appearance and cleanliness of the design.
- Dentipur. The preparation is based on components that directly affect plaque, while not harming the structure itself. The composition has citric acid, chloride and sodium compounds.
- Dentipur Cleansing Tablets. These pills are ideal for plaque and traces. After cleaning, the denture takes its former form without harm to the material.
- Dontodent Intensiv-Reiniger Tabs. This drug effectively removes not only plaque, but also gives the design a freshness and mint flavor. This result is achieved due to the influence that active oxygen has.
- MyoClean. The action of the tablets is aimed at eliminating bacteria, which creates an obstacle to the formation of plaque and dark complications on the surface of the structure. The drug effectively eliminates unpleasant odor, as it has a refreshing effect.
- President. Tablets of this manufacturer are characterized by high efficiency and instant action in the fight against deposits.
- ROCS. Thanks to the components that make up the drug, it is possible not only to eliminate plaque, but also to protect the prosthesis from the accumulation and multiplication of bacteria. Tablets can be used for stomatitis, the formation of which is associated with the wear of the prosthesis. Also, the drug effectively removes dark plaque and unpleasant aroma. Does not adversely affect metal clasps.
- VITIS Ortodontic. The drug effectively eliminates dark plaque and spots of various origins. In addition, the action of these tablets is aimed at disinfecting the surface of the product.
- Paro Care. When developing the drug used a special composition that reliably protects against plaque. If using their teeth is carried out cleaning of dentures at home, then you can not be afraid of caries. This effect is achieved due to the presence of tin and zinc in the fluoride composition.
- Protefix. The composition contains active oxygen, the effect of which is aimed at eliminating many pathogenic bacteria in inaccessible places. At the same time, the color of the structure does not change at all.
- Lacalut Dent. The action of the drug is aimed at disinfecting the denture. After processing, all food debris dissolves and a dark coating leaves. Pills effectively fight infection in the oral cavity.
- Polident. The product has a unique composition, thanks to which you can remove plaque from tea and coffee. Due to the absence of abrasive particles in the composition, it is possible to preserve the surface of the structure and ensure high-quality cleaning.
How to clean dentures at home: folk remedies
How to clean dentures at home is also possible, except for expensive drugs. These are proven folk remedies. All of them will come to your aid if you did not have any preparations or other cleaning compounds at hand.
Cleaning dentures with folk remedies includes the following popular methods:
- The use of vinegar. It is necessary to lower the tooth structure in a glass with vinegar and keep there for 2 hours. But applying this cleaning option is often not recommended, because vinegar is very detrimental to the strength of the denture.
- Tooth powder and lemon. Take ¼ of lemon, squeeze the juice and combine with tooth powder. Spread the mixture on the denture and hold for 20 minutes. After that, clean the product with the same powder. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- In the water where the dentures are stored, you can add a little lemon juice or mouth rinse. This will protect the structure from plaque and ensure their cleanliness for a long time.
- Alkaline sodium hypochloride. Cleaning removable dentures at home using this tool will allow the product to remain white and without stains. Alkaline sodium hypochloride effectively eliminates stains and reduces the possibility of bacteria multiplying on dentures. This is achieved as a result of oxidation, due to which the bond of the colored molecule is broken, it becomes colorless. To prepare the solution, you need to take a closed container, add 10 ml of normal whiteness and 200 ml of water. Place the dental structure there for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with plain water. You can use another solution for which to take 20 ml of Dental cleaning product and dissolve it in a glass of water. Dentures should be in solution for about 10 minutes. After you must treat with plain water.
- Microwave. If the dental structures do not have metal inserts, then you can put them in the microwave. To complete the procedure, place the product in a cleaning solution and turn on the microwave for 2 minutes. After the specified time, harmful microorganisms will die, and dirt and food debris will not remain on the dental structure.
To install dentures - this does not mean that you need to forget about them completely. They also, like their teeth, require careful care. To save the whiteness of the structure and extend its service life will help simple methods that are available to absolutely every home. In addition to daily processing with a special solution, it is necessary to use special pastes and tablets that have an antibacterial effect.
How and how to clean removable dentures
Enamel and gums should be cleaned of plaque twice a day. Some experts even recommend brushing your teeth after each meal to remove food debris, which is a favorable environment for the growth of bacteria, leading to the development of most diseases of the oral cavity.
Depositions also accumulate on dentures. Bacterial products are dangerous for both construction and human health. Therefore, when wearing prostheses, the following rules must be observed:
- Before putting on the prosthesis, you should always rinse it with running water, preferably boiled. This manipulation should be performed after each meal.
- You can clean the denture at home using a special brush with double-sided bristles and paste. This procedure should be carried out at least once a day.
- For a more thorough cleaning of the structure, it is recommended to use an irrigator. It delivers a stream of water under pressure, which pushes pollution out of hard-to-reach areas.
- Antiseptic cleaning of the product should be carried out weekly. For this purpose, you can use special antiseptic tablets. It is enough to dissolve one such tablet in water and leave dentures in the resulting solution for several hours. If cleaning has not been carried out for a long time, you can increase the exposure time to 10-12 hours.
Every 6 months it is necessary to visit a dentist-prosthetist. It corrects dentures if they are erased or broken, and also removes all deposits that have accumulated in hard-to-reach areas.
How to clean dentures from plaque
If you ignore the basic rules for cleansing dentures, dark deposits will begin to accumulate on their surface. Over time, the plaque will become harder, tartar forms in hard-to-reach areas. Due to a constant source of infection, the mucous membrane of the oral cavity can become inflamed.
How to clean dentures from plaque:
- Keep the construction in a disinfectant solution for 2-3 hours. Then brush the false teeth with a brush. Toothpaste and other cleaners are not necessary in this case. The solution dissolves plaque, after which it can be easily removed with a regular brush.
- To clean the prosthesis quickly, you can immerse it in a solution and hold it in the microwave for several minutes. Then you need to clean the structure with a brush. Such an express method is not suitable for cleaning structures with metal parts.
- Abrasive cleaning is another way to remove plaque from the surface of dentures. You can use either special powder or ordinary soda or powdered activated carbon. You need to slightly wet the brush, dip it into powder, and then thoroughly clean the prosthesis for 2-3 minutes. It is better not to repeat the procedure more than once a month, otherwise the structure may be damaged.
How to clean removable dentures
In pharmacies, a variety of tablets for cleaning dentures are sold. According to user reviews, the best ones are:
Dentipur denture cleaner contains citric acid and sodium chloride - components that not only dissolve plaque, but also eliminate unpleasant odors.
How to clean plastic dentures
The rules for cleaning dentures at home may vary depending on the materials used to make them. Today, acrylic is actively used for these purposes - a special type of plastic that is similar in appearance to natural tooth enamel. The material is very light, which makes it easier to get used to plastic prostheses and makes the process of wearing them more comfortable.
However, acrylic has a whole list of significant shortcomings, which are reflected in the rules for cleaning products made from it. Acrylic is easy to scratch. Plaque accumulates more actively on a rough surface, therefore only soft toothbrushes are used for daily cleaning of plastic prostheses. The paste should not contain coarse abrasive particles. Dental powders for daily use should be completely abandoned.
You need to know not only the better to clean dentures made of plastic, but also how to do it. Circular movements are harmful to the material: they create numerous scratches on its surface. Artificial teeth should be brushed in the same way as natural ones: with sweeping movements, moving the brush from imitation of the gums to the edge of the crowns. When using disinfectant solutions, you must follow the instructions for their use.
How and what to whiten dentures at home
If you follow all the rules for caring for false teeth, you do not have to bleach them. Dental construction usually takes on a dark shade due to plaque. It absorbs dyes from tea, coffee, other drinks and food, gradually turning yellow, and then blackening. In most cases, it is enough to remove the plaque, and the dentures become lighter.
Dental prostheses can be whitened at home with an ordinary whitening paste. It should not contain abrasive components, namely bleaching. Make sure that it contains hydrogen peroxide or urea.
Use such pastes after disinfecting cleaning is pointless. They can lighten dentures only if they are used as a means for standard daily cleaning. Active substances begin to act only when saliva enters the alkaline environment. They release oxygen, which pushes the pigment out of the porous structure of the structure. This is how bleaching takes place.
Cleaning removable dentures with folk remedies
There are a huge number of folk remedies with which you can clean dentures at home. The best ways are listed below:
- In a glass of purified water is added 1 tbsp. l vinegar (70%). Dentures are placed in this mixture for several hours, and preferably at night. After cleaning, rinse the structure thoroughly so that when it is worn, the active substances of the solution do not affect the mucous membrane of the gums.
- To replace disinfecting solutions, many use essential oils, for example, from lemon and tea tree. Both types of oils have a powerful antiseptic effect. It is enough to add 5 drops of each oil to a glass of purified water and leave the prosthesis in this solution for several hours. It is not necessary to brush with a removable denture after the procedure, but it is still desirable.
- A teaspoon of soda is mixed with a few drops of lemon juice. The resulting gruel of the prosthesis is cleaned once every few weeks. For daily use, it is not suitable.
It is better not to clean dentures with folk remedies made at home on an ongoing basis. They are only suitable for disinfection or thorough monthly cleaning of orthopedic structures.
In the care of dentures, more important is not the choice of the right remedy, but the frequency of action. Even if you only clean the prosthesis with a toothbrush, but do it every day, it will last longer and do less harm than with thorough cleaning once a month.
How to store dentures
Many of us remember how grandmothers, laying down to sleep, removed prostheses and put them overnight in a glass of water. Why was this needed?
In the past, rubber was used in the manufacture of chewing structures. It should be kept in a humid environment, otherwise it would dry out and become covered with cracks. Today there is no need to arrange such a bath for prostheses. Moreover, if you clean metal-ceramic prostheses in a container with chlorinated water, they will darken.
Modern plastic prosthesis
In many cases, there is no need to remove it at night. On the contrary, dentists recommend wearing it constantly. If the doctor advises you to take a little rest at night, clean your teeth in a special container with disinfectant liquid.
- love strong tea and coffee,
- sometimes forget about careful leaving,
brown plaque may appear on the teeth, which I would like to get rid of. In addition, a dark coating appears on the structural elements over time, no matter how carefully you take care of it, because bacteria are constantly present in the mouth.
Therefore, it is necessary to periodically clean the dentures using special tools. A good option is to use pills. There are drugs from various manufacturers on sale.
We list the most popular:
- Corega tabs. Thanks to the silicone polymer included in the preparation, a protective film forms on the prosthesis. It allows you to save (or return) the white color to artificial teeth and will prevent the accumulation of bacteria.
- Dentipur includes compounds of chlorine, citric acid and sodium. Pills perfectly remove plaque.
- Dontodent Intensiv-Reiniger Tabs. When a tablet is dissolved in water, active oxygen is released. It relieves prostheses of microorganisms deposited on them, gives white color. In addition, the tool reports freshness to the breath, as it contains mint components.
- Rocs. The tablets are suitable for both plastic and ceramic-metal prostheses. They help to cope with stomatitis, often arising during the period of getting used to new teeth.
- MyoClean. If you use this drug, plaque can be easily removed, and after it will not form for a long time. Tablets have a disinfecting effect.
A big plus of tablets - they allow not only to remove the already formed plaque, but also to prevent its appearance. If the crowns are partially made of metal, the use of effervescent tablets minimizes the risk of corrosion.
The tablets contain proteolytic enzymes that remove food debris and bacteria adhering to them.
This method involves the processing of ultrasonic waves. You need to purchase a device whose average cost is about 2 thousand rubles.
Ultrasonic Cleaner SD-3000
Principle of action: ultrasound is passed through the fluid into which the prostheses are placed. Bubbles form that penetrate deep into the pores of the teeth.
- eliminated plaque, including dark, obtained from the excessive use of tea and coffee,
- odor disappears
- the surface of the structure remains intact.
Note: the bathtubs are quite suitable for cleaning baby bottles and jewelry made of gold and silver. So the purchase costs in any case will be justified.
To cope with the problem without investing significant funds, you can try to apply folk recipes at home. Experience shows that the methods described below are very effective.
- Take table vinegar, pour into a glass.
- Put dentures in a glass for 2 hours.
- My design.
The method is considered good, but it has a drawback: it negatively affects the strength of the product.
Therefore, we try to act a little differently.
- Fill the cup with a mixture of vinegar and pure water in equal proportions.
- We lower the prosthesis into the container.
- We are waiting for the night.
- In the morning, put a paste on the toothbrush and clean all the structural elements.
- We buy a lemon.
- Squeeze the juice out of it into half a teaspoon of toothpaste.
- Apply the mixture to the teeth.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the prosthesis with clean water.
- In addition, we process the prosthesis with a brush without paste to remove all residual lemon juice.
The method is allowed to be used once a month. More often than not, after all, lemon juice is a rather aggressive environment, and not only for bacteria.
If your prosthesis does not have metal parts, use the “Microwave” technique.
- Put your teeth in a cleaning solution.
- Put the container in the microwave and turn it on for a minute.
- Turn off the device, remove the prosthesis.
After washing the product with water, put it on.
Rules for the care of fixed prostheses
The doctor has set you up a design that does not need to be removed and can be worn constantly? Or do you have your own teeth, and false, and bridges? Then the methods of care described above will not suit you.
The presence of fixed prostheses does not exclude the need for careful care of them and the oral cavity as a whole.
General rule: as if it were all your own teeth, brush your dentures twice a day. In addition, take such measures:
- rinse your mouth after eating,
- use an irrigator
- clean interdental spaces and inaccessible areas with floss.
It is useful to brew anti-inflammatory herbs a couple of times a week: sage, chamomile and rinse your mouth with such compounds. You can purchase a special rinse, which flushes microorganisms and freshens the breath.
The toothpaste that you pick up should be curative. You can brush your teeth and dentures with whitening pastes from time to time, but do not get carried away: it can thin the crowns of the remaining living teeth and make them sensitive.
But pastes with an anti-inflammatory effect, eliminating the symptoms of periodontal disease and gingivitis, are well suited. When wearing prostheses, especially at first, while getting used to it, inflammation, irritation of the gums and mucous membranes are not ruled out. Pasta will help to cope with this.
Implants - almost native teeth
Dental floss is necessary, since the space between the gum and the prosthesis, no matter how small, becomes the ideal environment for microbes to live. Start by using waxed floss to make the procedure easier. When you acquire some skills, you can brush your teeth with a non-waxed thread: it works more efficiently.
When is the time for the dentist
Даже если вы соблюдаете все правила ухода за протезами, не видите никаких внешних изменений, все же стоит показываться врачу хотя бы раз в год. Он оценит состояние ротовой полости, осмотрит протезы на наличие или отсутствие повреждений.
Если элементы конструкции потемнели, а домашние средства не дают эффекта, обратитесь к стоматологу до истечения этого срока.
Врач проведёт чистку зубов ультразвуком. This method allows you to quickly get rid of stains and discoloration of prostheses. Ultrasound removes soft and hard deposits, disinfects.
One brushing will cost 2–2.5 thousand rubles. This is much cheaper and faster than replacing dentures that have not undergone such a procedure for a long time and have acquired a persistent brown tint!
Dr. Zubastik's Tips
Modern prostheses are high-quality products, most often made of acrylic and nylon, sometimes with the addition of metal elements. Caring for them is simple, does not take time. The main thing here is regularity. If you clean dentures according to the doctor’s recommendations, they will last 5–10 years until the planned replacement, and the smile will be perfect all this time.
Couldn't save your teeth? Do not despair: today, dentistry offers designs that are almost as good as real teeth. But take care of them carefully: they require care just like living teeth. All dentists will agree with me on this.
For a snack - a short video that will help you quickly learn the rules for caring for prostheses.
Typically, toothache begins to subside already on the way to the clinic and finally passes after 10 minutes of sitting in line for a appointment with the dentist.